Monday, December 3, 2012

Self Portraits

LEFT: This is a self Portrait from an earlier post that is further along. I am still only using a mechanical pencil and I plan to work on more eventually.
                 
                                         RIGHT: This is a self portrait I made from looking in the mirror. First, I cut out the back of a sketch pad and stuck postage stamp stickers to cover the surface. Then i sketched my head, neck and shoulders with a fine point sharpie and painted with blue and orange watercolor. I was starting to notice the eyes were too big and my proportions were almost comical. I went with idea and the result of this unintended then intended style came out looking more like a character from Street Fighter rather than myself. But this can be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment